Studies have shown that maintaining healthy teeth and gums in your pet can add two years to their lives.
A packet of Hills Prescription Diet T/D and a dental packet will be sent home with instructions on how to take care of your pet’s mouth and gums in the future and signs and symptoms to watch for if problems should develop. This will include brochures on oral care, diets and aids that promote healthy teeth, a sample of C.E.T. toothpaste, instructions on how to brush your pet’s teeth and how to keep your pet healthier by keeping his/her teeth and gums healthy.
- Full ultrasonic scaling of teeth and under gums to remove plaque, tartar, and debris.
- Teeth are then polished with a dental paste to further aid in cleaning and to smooth the enamel.
- A fluoride gel is applied.
- A thorough oral examination is then done to assess for exposed roots, pockets, cracked teeth, etc. Extractions or repairs are done if necessary.
- A six month follow-up oral exam with a veterinary technician.